Dancer Auditions for Beauty and the Beast
Dates now released for dancer auditions!
This year for ‘Beauty and the Beast’ we will be holding Junior dancer open auditions on Sunday 4 June from 10am – 5pm and Senior dancer open auditions on Sunday 11 June from 1pm – 5pm.
We are looking for dancers who can also sing and act to a high standard
Junior dancers should be aged between 6 – 15 years
Senior dancers must be over 16 years old by December 2017
Venue: The Theatre, CW Entertainment, The Campus, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6BX
We look after all our dancers and make sure they enjoy themselves in this fantastic, fun, professional environment.
- Please remember this is a big commitment of time and energy for both the dancers and their parents/guardians
- Children and parents/guardians must be prepared to commit to all rehearsals (see dates below) and all performance dates in their respective teams. If you feel you are not able to do this, then it may not be for you.
- If one is not already held, parents/guardians of Junior Dancers will be expected to apply to Herts County Council for a chaperone licence. The head chaperone will be at the auditions to answer any questions you may have. Please see the Herts County Council website for further information.
- The producer and choreographer will be on hand on the day to answer any questions
- These are unpaid roles and ideal for dancers who are looking for performance experience
- You must complete the audition registration form before the audition date, you will not be able to turn up to the auditions and complete it on the day
- Please also see the Terms and Conditions below
Terms and Conditions for Junior and Senior Dancers and the parents/guardians of the Junior Dancers
- Dancers will need to attend all rehearsals (see dates below)
- All rehearsals will be long days and you will need to provide plenty of food and drink. Note, the dancers will not be on stage or working the whole time they are here and will have lots of break time.
- If a dancer misses a rehearsal, without prior agreement by choreographer and director, they will be replaced
- All dancers will get a Zebra Discount Card for all food and drinks for their personal use during the rehearsal period and until the end of the last performance day
- Junior dancers will be split into two teams and each team will perform on alternate days
- There will be 2 x Junior reserves who will be expected to attend all rehearsals in order to become familiar with the routines. This is a harder role which requires good concentration.
Important Point of Information for Guardians/Parents of the Junior Dancers
- Please be aware ALL parents/ guardians are expected to chaperone and will be required to apply for a chaperone licence (if one is not already held) by the time rehearsals start. For further information please visit Herts County Council website
- If your child is successful, they will need a performance licence. Forms will be sent to you to complete and return – there is no application fee for this and CW Entertainment will cover any fees related to the application.
- Each chaperone has to cover at least 7 performances
- The head chaperone will be on hand at the auditions to answer any questions about the role and duties of a chaperone
- Please note, you will receive x 1 free ticket to the pantomime for every performance you cover (so at least 7 in total). If 8 or more performances are covered then we will offer 1 VIP ticket per performance covered, for either the Welwyn Garden City Cinema (Event Cinema excluded), RollerCity or Soft Play City.
Becoming a member of the Pantomime family is a big commitment in time and energy for the dancers, their parents and other family members. It is also great fun and a fantastic, rewarding experience. However, if, as a parent, you do not feel you can commit to this, then please do not put your child forward for these auditions.
Rehearsal Dates (subject to change)
|Sunday 15 October||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday 29 October||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday 4 November||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday 5 November||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday 11 November||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday 12 November||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday 18 November||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday 19 November||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday 25 November||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday 26 November||10am - 5pm|
|Wednesday 29 November||4pm - 7.30pm|
|Friday 1 December||4pm - 7pm|
|Saturday 2 December||11am - 6pm (technical rehearsal)|
|Sunday 3 December||10am - 5pm (technical rehearsal)|
|Tuesday 5 December||2pm(tbc) - 8pm - (technical rehearsal)|
|Wednesday 6 December||2pm - 7.30pm - Dress rehearsal|
|Thursday 7 December||2pm - 7.30pm - Dress rehearsal|